ads

LATEST UPDATES

Block B's Park Kyung says pride and Zico are the reasons why he won't go on 'Show Me the Money'



Prior to the release of his new single "Ordinary Love," Park Kyung had told a 'Daily Sports' reporter that he had complete faith in his new song. 

During the recently published interview, when the reporter asked him if he had confidence in his song, Park Kyung answered, "Honestly, it's the best. I have ambitions to take first place and to place high on the charts." That confidence naturally manifested itself on the charts, as "Ordinary Love" proved to be no ordinary song by sweeping the music charts when it was released! 

The idol's success with his solo work is quite impressive considering the fact he has never released his own work previously. Park Kyung told the interviewer, "In our early album, I had my own song. But this is the first time that I released something using my name. I've always wanted to do so."

On the process and concept behind "Ordinary Love," Park Kyung explained, "How the song came about [was like this]. When I looked around me, everyone was dating in the same fashion. How they give each other nicknames, become really attached, and eventually [their love] die down, were all pretty much the same. So the song is talking about how our love is different than all the 'ordinary love' among people." 

When the interviewer asked him how long it has been since he was in a relationship, Park Kyung gave a safe answer by replying, "When celebrities say they haven't dated in a while, it's a lie. But unfortunately for me, it's the truth because the last time I dated was before my debut. So when I was writing the lyrics, I relied a lot on the experiences of people around me. I would listen to my friends' tales of break up over drinks." 

Park Kyung revealed that he wouldn't try out for 'Show Me the Money' when asked if he was interested in the show, mainly because of fellow bandmate Zico. He said, "I was actually going to [go on the show]. But when Zico joined as a judge, I abandoned the idea. Zico is my friend since elementary school and I felt my pride was on the line because he was going on as a judge and I would just be a contestant. I put aside the idea aside altogether. Even if Zico weren't to judge on the show, I wouldn't want to try the show.

Share This :

link

 

Top